patience and manifesting
The other day, my son, Oliver, got a fabulous lesson in patience and manifesting and—all while playing with stickers.
You see, my little boy wants a quad. This is a toy that doesn’t come cheap, and when Ollie asked for one I gave him an answer he probably didn’t want to hear …
“Maybe someday!” That phrase is never music to a toddler’s ears (adults don’t like to hear it either!).
But Ollie and I worked out a little plan. This plan will teach him patience, show him how much it PAYS to be patient … and allow him to take some spiritually aligned action toward his goal.
I think everyone should have one of these:
As Ollie does his “work” (a.k.a. fun little tasks that his dad and I give him), he’s starting to collect money for his jar. When he has enough to buy that quad, he’ll see his four-wheeled manifestation come into form.
But this lesson isn’t just for kids and quads. No matter what you’re trying to manifest, patience backed with spiritually aligned action is the KEY to seeing it come into form.
You might be thinking, “Gabby, how the eff can I be patient!? I need a whole lot more than a toy truck right now!” Did I read your mind? If so, just press play. Today’s episode of the Dear Gabby podcast is MADE for you.
patience is not a four-letter word!
When I say the word “patience” onstage, or when I give people advice that includes the p-word, people tend to resist.
They want to know how to manifest—and manifest NOW. Can you relate? You are in the right place! Just promise me you’ll stick around to the very end of this episode.
You’re going to learn just how transformative patience can be in your life. And even more surprisingly, you’re going to learn how EASY it is to be patient.
patience is within your reach
And I can help you tap into it.
Think of this episode of the Dear Gabby podcast as your primer for patience, with some personal growth tips on the side.
in today’s episode you’ll learn:
- How to MAJORLY elevate your self-worth (if you ever doubt yourself, do not miss this lesson!)
- How to confidently raise the rates for your work (where else but on the Dear Gabby podcast can you learn spiritually aligned negotiation tactics!?)
- My 4-step method for taking action on your dreams … without hustling, pushing or feeling stressed
- A therapeutic tool for soothing yourself whenever you feel impatient or controlling (this is like a spiritual chill pill)
the truest path to patience
Faith is the truest path to patience, and I am so psyched to help you strengthen your faith today! Here on the blog, I also want to share an exercise that will help you surrender your goals to the Universe.
This is a practice I write about in my book The Universe Has Your Back. It’s a really cool way to begin each day in a state of trust and flow. Each morning when you wake up, read these words silently or out loud:
Today I surrender my goals and plans to the care of the Universe. I offer up my agenda and accept spiritual guidance. I trust that there is a plan far greater than mine. I know that where there was once lack and limitation, there are spiritual solutions and creative ideas. I step back and let love lead the way. Thy will be done.
wait without anxiety
When you become deeply committed to your own development, and when you learn to trust that the Universe truly does have your back, patience becomes a natural response to life.
Learning to trust in yourself is the first step to trusting in the Universe … and knowing that whatever you desire is on its way! As A Course in Miracles says, “Those who are certain of the outcome can afford to wait, and wait without anxiety.”
And trust me: When you can wait without anxiety, your whole life will be transformed! Everything will start to flow in the most miraculous way, and you’ll manifest more than you ever thought possible.
So for anyone who thought patience was an unsexy topic, do I have your attention now? Listen now and let’s get the patience party started!
get more gabby
The following are helpful resources and books I mention within the episode:
- In this episode of Dear Gabby, I mention the Spiritually Aligned Action Method. There’s a whole chapter on this in my book Super Attractor: Methods for Manifesting a Life Beyond Your Wildest Dreams. I also cite an exercise from The Universe Has Your Back. These are two of the BEST books on manifesting, if I do say so myself!
- For more on trusting that the Universe has your back, check out this video:
- If you feel you need additional support, please consult this list of safety, recovery and mental health resources. I’m proud of you for your commitment to self-care.
I can be your coach—anytime, anywhere!
My NEW gabby coaching app makes personal growth easy to access. Get weekly lessons, guided meditations and proven manifesting methods to enhance every area of your life—on your own terms, at your own pace, all in one place.
Transform your life in just 10 minutes a day with:
- Weekly coaching with practical tools that will instantly improve your life
- Quick access to 200+ meditations, affirmations, prompts, lessons and more
- ️️Quarterly challenges to release old patterns and jumpstart new habits
- On-demand access to my best motivational talks
I’ll be your coach to help you manifest your desires and live with an unshakeable sense of inner peace.
This podcast is intended to educate, inspire, and support you on your personal journey towards inner peace. I am not a psychologist or a medical doctor and do not offer any professional health or medical advice. If you are suffering from any psychological or medical conditions, please seek help from a qualified health professional.