believe in yourself
I was so psyched to be scheduled to speak at Lewis Howes’ Summit of Greatness event. I’d written the whole outline for my talk and I was feeling pretty good about it.
Then I picked up my phone and started scrolling through TikTok. I smiled at some puppy videos, gave hearts to a few baby posts … and then I stopped in my tracks as a motivational speech popped up.
In Oprah’s unmistakable voice, I heard: “We will manifest what we believe.”
Wow! Take that in:
we will manifest what we believe
Of course, I’d heard that message before. I teach it myself! I’ve written 9 books to help you believe in yourself and manifest what you believe! But somehow, those words hit me differently that day.
I was so inspired by Oprah’s words that I did a little duet with her on TikTok so I could share her message with my audience.
If you’re unfamiliar with the app, a duet is when you film yourself reacting to a video. Check out my unfiltered reaction to O!
When I’m this moved ^^^ by a message, I have to share it. So I went back to my laptop, deleted my outline for the talk, and channeled a brand new one.
My new talk was all about how you manifest what you believe, and it’s one of the most powerful ones I’ve given to date. (Lewis told me that he was backstage weeping!)
believe in yourself
I’m so thrilled to share the talk with you today. When you believe in yourself and know your self-worth, you can transcend the patterns that are keeping you stuck, small and unsatisfied.
Tune in if you want to claim your big dreams and step into the truth of who you are. Are you with me?
listen to this episode to learn:
- How to STOP feeling jealous of others and start celebrating their successes (this is actually a selfish act that will help you believe in yourself)
- My favorite exercise for tapping into an energy of abundance
- How to befriend the part of you that lacks confidence (do this instead of trying to override it)
- 5 steps for rewiring your beliefs to manifest what you REALLY want
your presence is enough
My belief that I’m worthy of my desires has helped me live a life beyond my wildest dreams. I’ve been able to make a massive impact on the world. I’m so grateful to have the opportunity to speak on international stages and to publish books that help people live lives beyond their wildest dreams!
^^If having this kind of wide-reaching impact is your dream, go out and pursue it—with full faith that you are WORTHY of achieving everything you desire. Believe in yourself.
But I want to be very clear that you can also have a profoundly positive impact on the world in your moment-to-moment interactions. This can happen in your home, at your office or even in the deli.
The night before my talk at the Summit of Greatness, I was hanging out at a local deli, chatting with the man who worked there. I was telling him excitedly that my 17-year-sober anniversary was coming up. He looked me in the eye and said, “I have 62 years of sobriety.”
Never underestimate the power of moments like these. When you believe in yourself and allow yourself to celebrate your own successes, you can start to celebrate the success of others. You can elevate everyone around you and open yourself up to moments of divine connection.
Your presence alone is enough to elevate the world around you.
And believe in yourself.
get more gabby
The following are helpful resources and books I mention in the episode.
- In this live talk, I shared a story that appears in Chapter 1 of my latest book, Happy Days: The Guided Path from Trauma to Profound Freedom and Inner Peace. The book offers 9 spiritual and therapeutic tools that helped me heal from trauma and tap into a deep belief in my own self-worth.
- If you feel you need additional support, please consult this list of safety, recovery and mental health resources. I’m proud of you for your commitment to self-care.
I can be your coach—anytime, anywhere!
My NEW gabby coaching app makes personal growth easy to access. Get weekly lessons, guided meditations and proven manifesting methods to enhance every area of your life—on your own terms, at your own pace, all in one place.
Transform your life in just 10 minutes a day with:
- Weekly coaching with practical tools that will instantly improve your life
- Quick access to 200+ meditations, affirmations, prompts, lessons and more
- ️️Quarterly challenges to release old patterns and jumpstart new habits
- On-demand access to my best motivational talks
I’ll be your coach to help you manifest your desires and live with an unshakeable sense of inner peace.
This podcast is intended to educate, inspire, and support you on your personal journey towards inner peace. I am not a psychologist or a medical doctor and do not offer any professional health or medical advice. If you are suffering from any psychological or medical conditions, please seek help from a qualified health professional.